On Board Courier
On Board Courier (OBC) or Hand Carry, is an express service with which a courier personally delivers your goods to the desired destination without delay.
This service is available 24/7/365.
When should I use this service?
On Board Courier service is suitable if you wish to ship, for example, the following kinds of goods:
- Confidential documents (like a product schematic) or a prototype, which must arrive at its destination without any risk of being seen on the way by a third party.
- Time-sensitive spare parts, which must be delivered as quickly as possible.
- Vitally important medication for a medical emergency.
- Very precious or expensive goods – a diamond ring, for example.
On Board Courier – a very swift, flexible and secure service which is less expensive than chartering a private flight. Within Europe, an on board courier may cost €2,000 – 3,000, although using this service to reach more remote destinations may cost up to €15,000.
Factors which impact the cost of the courier service:
- Weight and dimensions of the package
- Availability and price of airline tickets
- Itinerary – direct flight vs. flights with layovers
- Distance of the destination from the point of origin
- Distance of the collection and delivery addresses from the airport
- Dates and times of day (i.e., sending a package at Christmas)
If you wish to use the on-board courier service, there are some limitations to keep in mind which are associated with the rules that airlines have for luggage.
- Maximum dimensions for one piece of luggage: 80 x 60 x 60 cm (larger pieces can be negotiated)
- Maximum weight for one piece of luggage: 32 kg
- Maximum number of bags: virtually unlimited, depending upon the type of aeroplane
- Goods may not contain hazardous materials
- Maximum dimensions for one piece of luggage: 55 x 40 x 20 cm
- Maximum weight for one piece of luggage: 8 kg
- Maximum number of bags: 1 unit for economy-class, 2 units for business class
- Goods may not contain hazardous materials or liquids
Ordering the services
If you are interested in on-board courier services, reach out to us by email: email@example.com.
Our logistics team will prepare a solution that suits your needs. To ensure the very best service, we work together with specialists in this field all over the world.
If desired, we can advise you on packaging, documentation, customs formalities, etc., to make sure that your delivery arrives without a hitch.
Call us: +372 5333 4000